The Village contracts with Waste Management for garbage and recycling pickup and therefore allowing a convenience to our residents by the joint billing. The garbage and recycling containers must be placed at the end of the driveway, the handles facing the house, by 6:00 AM the day of pickup and no earlier than 6:00 PM the night before. Please contact Waste Management with service complaints 800-796-9696.
Items for Pick-up
- Oversized Items: ONE large regular household item such as a bicycle, table, chair, mattress, 10 rolls of carpet - cut to 4'x2' and tied, etc. will be collected on the normal trash day free of charge.
- Diabetics may request a hazardous materials container from Waste Management or may place used syringes in empty milk bottles with a secured lid.
- Regular garbage pick-up DOES NOT include any of the following:
If you need to have any of the above items picked up, you must make special arrangements with Waste Management please call 800-796-9696.
- electronics (see SWALCO information below)
- yard waste (grass clippings, leaves, twigs etc.)
- building debris
- household appliances
- Christmas Trees
- Yard Waste
- To establish yard waste service, please call Waste Management at 800-796-9696. Yard waste will be collected April 1 through November 30th.
Pick-up day for Residents North of Route 120
Garbage and Recycling pick-up is on Mondays from 6:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Please place garbage and recycling containers at the curb after 6:00 p.m. Sunday nights and remove them by 6:00 a.m. on Tuesdays.
Pick-up day for Residents South of Route 120
Garbage and Recycling pick-up is on Tuesdays from 6:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Please place garbage and recycling containers at the curb after 6:00 p.m. Monday nights and remove them by 6:00 a.m. on Wednesdays.
Pick-up day for Residents in the Emerald Bay and Silver Leaf Glen Subdivisions
Garbage and Recycling pick-up is on Thursdays from 6:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Please place garbage and recycling containers at the curb after 6:00 p.m. Wednesday nights and remove them by 6:00 a.m. on Fridays.
Ordering replacement containers
Please contact the Village's Administration Department with requests for replacement of either the garbage container or the recycling container at 847-546-5400. Due to our contract with Waste Management (the combined billing), the replacement request must be done through the Village and not by calling Waste Management. The wait can be up to 10 business days for replacements.
WASTE MANAGEMENT HOLIDAYS OBSERVED
Below are the holidays for Waste Management. Garbage will be picked up the following day after the holiday.
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day