Posted on Monday August 03, 2020
In recent weeks Round Lake and surrounding cities have experienced an uptick in motor vehicle thefts.
In each and every case the keys or key fob have been left in the unlocked vehicle. Having property stolen is an unsettling experience and sometimes an expensive one for the victim. Other unnecessary risks are involved when vehicles are stolen, these offenders have been driving recklessly at high rates of speed placing the public in harm’s way. Please read the following tips to keeping your property safe…
- Keep residential outside lights on or park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
- Take your valuables with you; purse, wallet, clothing, phones, earbuds, and jewelry
- Do not keep a spare key or FOB hidden within or on the outside of the vehicle
- Always lock your vehicle!
- If you have a home video surveillance system, check to see camera angles and familiarize yourself with the operating system. Your videos have been helpful in solving many crimes.
If you have information that may be helpful to the Round Lake Police, please contact us…
RLPD Tip line: 847-201-2169
CenCom 24-Hour Dispatch non-emergency 847-270-9111