Public Works Department

The Village of Round Lake's Public Works Department's goal is to "Enhance the quality of life for our residential and business community by providing and maintaining quality infrastructure".

Public Works Department News

Fire Hydrant Flushing 1st 2 Weeks of August

Published by: Public Works Department
Date Posted: 7/31/2015

The Village of Round Lake will be starting to flush fire hydrants throughout the village starting within the next week or two. One of the best ways to ensure our fire hydrants are functioning properly is to flush them.Please take notice as signs will be posted in the area to be flushed a day or two prior to the actual hydrant flushing. After flushing you may notice a slight discoloration of the water. This is not harmful and will dissipate after a short time. Run cold water for several minutes if you wish to clear your pipes. It is recommended that residents not do laundry on the day that hydrant flushing takes place in their area to avoid the possibility of staining the laundry.  If you have any questions, please contact the Public Works Department at (847)-546-0962.


Please click on each item to view or print.

Road Construction Projects



To request the water to be turned on or off during business hours (8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.), please contact the Village Hall, Administrative Department at 847-546-5400.

For water turn on after hours, or in the event of an emergency water shut off, please call the Police non-emergency number at 847-270-9111 and they will contact the Round Lake Public Works Duty Man.


Household Electronics Collection Events

The Village was notified that the Solid Waste Agency of Lake County (SWALCO) closed down all residential electronics collection locations due to the costs associated with electronic recyclyers. That inlcudes the Village of Round Lake.  Therefore, the Village of Round Lake will not be hosting electronic collection events any longer.   To read the SWALCO notice, please CLICK HERE

SWALCO now has six year-round drop off locations, again, this does not include the Village of Round Lake, however, Round Lake Residents can use these six sites.  To view the location listing, please CLICK HERE


Frequently Asked Questions

I need to pay my water bill, where do I go?

The water bills can be mailed in using the envelope included in your water bill or if you need to pay in person you will need to go to the Round Lake Village Hall, 442 N. Cedar Lake Rd. If paying after hours, there is a drop box in the parking lot at the Police/Public Works Facility located at 751 W Townline Rd.and at the Village Hall.

I put my garbage out today and when I came home the cans were gone. Who do I contact?

Contact the Administrative Department at 847-546-5400.

There is a street light in my neighborhood that isn't working, who do I contact?

Call the Public Works Department at 847-546-0962 and report it, use the link on the Village website to report it or send an email by clicking here

There are bees in my trees, can you come and remove them?

If it is a parkway tree, someone from Public Works will remove the nest or make arrangements to have it removed. If the tree is not on Village property, the property owner must make the arrangements.

There is a dead animal in the road, who do I contact?

You can call the Public Works Department. during working hours (M - F 7:00 am - 3:30 pm) at 847-546-0962, or the Police non-emergency number at 847-270-9111.

My water meter is leaking or making noise, who do I contact?

Call the Public Works Department at 847-546-0962.

There is water coming up in the street, what is it from?

This could be a number of things ranging from a backed up sewer to a water main break. These should be reported to the Public Works Department if it is noticed during regular working hours or reported to the Police non-emergency number at 847-270-9111 if it is after hours.

I see my neighbor tampering with the water valve or fire hydrants, is that legal?

No, it is not legal and such tampering should be reported immediately to the Police non-emergency number at 847-270-9111 or to the Public Works Department. at 847-546-0962.

There is a strong sewer smell in my house, can I have it checked?

Yes, by calling the Public Works Department. We will send someone out to make sure the Village sewer system is working properly on your street. If the problem appears to be in the house, you will have to contact a plumber.

I have a dead tree in my yard; can Public Works come and remove it?

If the tree is in the parkway then Public Works will remove it, if it is on homeowner's property, then it is the property owner's responsibility to have it removed. A permit, which is available at Village Hall is required to remove any tree and dependent upon the type of tree, a replacement may be required. 

My street wasn't plowed or salted, who do I contact?

Most streets in the Village are plowed and salted by the Public Works Department. however; there are some that are maintained by the State, County, Township or Homeowners Association. You can call the Public Works Department and they will direct you to the appropriate agency.

My grass was ripped up during the winter by a snowplow, who is going to fix it?

All damage done by the Public Works Department will be fixed by them in the spring. Please call the Public Works Department and have your name and address added to the list.


Contact Information

751 W. Townline Road
Round Lake, IL 60073
Hours: M-F: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Phone: 847-546-0962
Emergency Phone: 911
Fax: 847-740-3576

Department Links